Reports to: the Editor in Chief
The purpose of the Assistant Editor is to support and assist the Editor in Chief during production, various projects and administrative duties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend and assist at every production (last weekend of every month)
- Attend every post mortem and story list idea meeting (once a month)
- Write briefs and event listings for every issue
- Assist in maintaining TCE’s archives
- Assist with event planning (such as planning Steel Rails and other fundraising initiatives)
- Contribute to every issue in a capacity based on the assistant’s skills (writing, photography and/or design)
- Contribute to TCE’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter presence
- Other projects/duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to TCE
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An eye for design
- Passionate about the Waterloo Region
- A flexible schedule (we go to a lot of events and stuff)
- The ability to work as a team and also take on independent projects
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining any relevant experience to TCE’s Editor in Chief, Beth Bowles (email@example.com) by Wednesday November 1 at 5 p.m. Have fun with it. Be creative if you like. We like people who think outside the box and are comfortable with our brand and voice. Don’t be shy; we want to know about you.
Pay: 11.60/hr x 10 hours a week
This is a contract job that goes until April 30, 2018.